2.08.2011

etsy gems - come on spring

Here in mid-Missouri, we've been slammed with blizzards for a week or so now. Jimmy and I couldn't get out of the house last week, and temperatures have been dipping into the negatives after dark. I love snow, but I've officially had enough of it this year, along with heavy winter food--I'm ready for light, summery fruits and vegetables, and I'm craving color the way I crave food. Since our landscape refuses to compromise on this all-white color scheme, I went hunting with the Pounce tool through Etsy's undiscovered treasures to satisfy my craving. Here goes!

Click to enlarge
1. I'm thinking a table full of these sweet pinwheels might make even the awful winter winds seem like a spring breeze. Modern Love paper pinwheel, HurrahPinwheels, $6.

2. "Put a bird on it!" I'm already digging through my closet for that pale-turquoise sundress that serves as my go-to for spring weddings--think I could use a new accessory for it! Romantic flower and bird fascinator,  Ghost of a Gipsy, $27.80.

3. These crocheted bangles in juicy colors seem like the perfect transition accessory--they look like they'd keep your arms warm with sleeveless spring tops. Wild berry bangles, Dirty Lush, $22.

4. Simple, modern, classic, and colorful: I think that yellow bag might be coming home with me. Yellow vegan felt handbag, anonimaMente, $48.65.

5. I love a good salvaged piece, and this cheerful red dresser is just what the doctor ordered to brighten up my living room. George dresser, The Salvage Collection, $325.

6. Nothing says spring to me like old-school calico prints. Paired with creamy cotton, it's a rustic piece of heaven. Toadstool embroidered pincushion, evajeanie, $9.96.

7. Finish off your "wishful thinking" pre-spring ensemble with these dainty, pale-pink earrings. Pink quartz 14k gold wrapped flower earrings, zhuzhudesign, $52.

There you have it! Are you feeling the winter blues too? Show us your best Etsy picks for spring!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the cheerful finds... especially my dear George! Those of us in the Mid-Atlantic are still knee-deep in snow, as well, while cloaked in freezing temps and every touch of warmth helps! Love your picks! On my way to explore them on Etsy!!

    Amy (the salvage collection)

    ReplyDelete